Friday, October 19, 2012

Where Are You And What Do You Want

In an Iyengar yoga class yesterday, the instructor gave us an intention to contemplate while doing our practice: "where are you and what do you want?".  This translated in my mind to 'I am here and now and I want it all'.  Part of this intention requires a plan and sticking to the intention given a well thought-out motis operandum.  This includes saying what I mean and doing what I say I will do.  Integrity, honor, and discipline go into this mix.  Too often, I encounter people who have no intentions, no plan, have no idea where they are nor what they want in this life.  They are the drifters....they wander here and there, but never attain a place because they've never had a real goal.

Here's Your Healthy Tip of the Day:  stop for a minute today and think:  where am I?  What is it that I want?  Health, happiness, wealth, travel, business - make your answer your intention.  Have a plan and practice integrity, honor and discipline; in the end, you will get what you want.  Remember, we all stumble and have to tweak the motis operandum from time to time, but it is your friends that will see you through.  True frieinds are your looking glass consciousness and will call you when you don't say what you mean or don't do what you say!

No comments:

Post a Comment