Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Psycho-Emotive of Training Successfully

Some folks ask me how I do what I do when I am injured, tired, or...just at my age manage to do what some 25 year olds could only dream of doing.  The answer is this:  I am a trained fighter.  I am trained to focus, not blink or shrink from an opponent, to show no emotion and stay clear on what my goals are.

Here's Your Healthy Tip of the Day:  If you want to perform a sport better, train more efficiently or win a competition, you need to address the psychological and emotional side of who you are.  Imagery exercises can help you....stand in front of a mirror when you are alone and imagine you performing your sport, training or event.  Imagine how you will feel during the physical exertion;  drive your mind through the obstacles - both mental and physical and visualize yourself successfully finishing first in the race, scoring a 72 at the golf course, winning the fight and getting the prize.  Training your mind is equally as important when training your body for any sport or event.

No comments:

Post a Comment