Monday, February 3, 2014

Be Civilized And Smart - Lend A Helping Hand

It amazes me that so few people think beyond their own noses...I cannot tell you how many times I've struggled to walk on the crutches this past week to get into an elevator while the inhabitants of the same elevator stood, watching me to the point I've had to ask them 'could you please hold the door for me?'  Unconscious?  Self-absorbed?  No...just poor breeding and absolutely no manners or thinking going in their brains.  The kindest individuals I've encountered thus far are cabbies and doormen.

Here's Your Healthy Tip of the Day:  If you encounter someone who is disabled, THINK!  Hold the elevator door, make way for the person on the sidewalk, don't force them to walk on crutches in the snow when you're walking on clean pavement.  USE YOUR BRAIN AND HAVE SOME COMMON DECENCY AND CONSIDERATION!  It just might be YOU who is on crutches some day and might need a little help.  Pay it forward people and look beyond the stupid phones and past your noses!

No comments:

Post a Comment