Fight the onset of diabetes with these few simple steps:
1. eat a healthy breakfast daily (no donuts or bagels). within 2 to 3 hours of waking. This controls appetite and daily caloric intake.
2. Get enough sleep. This will keep your cortisol levels regulated. Cortisol spikes raise insulin levels which lead to blood sugar imbalances. Good sleep helps to regulate hormonal levels.
3. Don't eat luncheon meats. They are high in fat, calories, preservatives and salt. Regular intake of luncheon meats leads to more weight gain. Eat more fruits, vegetables and have fresh cooked sliced meat for a sandwich instead of the garbage they label luncheon meat....unless of course, you prefer ground bones, intestines and waste products on your rye bread.
4. Stop smoking...now! Smoking constricts blood circulation. The American Diabetes Foundation has found that non smokers have lower risks of developing diabetes than smokers.
5. Shake your booty. Exercise helps take off those added pounds, helps to control cholesterol, blood pressure and regulates insulin production.
Here's Your Healthy Tip of the Day: If you've been diagnosed with borderline sugar/diabetes, you need to get proactive about it...unless you savor the idea of injecting yourself with insulin everyday for the rest of your life. I've just given you 5 easy steps to take to help you avoid this daily conviction of self injections and the pain and dis-ease that comes with diabetes. You have no excuses, no cause to whine....just do it!