Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Guess Who's Been Eating My Flowers?

My flower cart hasn't been doing too well lately and for the life of me, I couldn't figure it out.  This past weekend, I found who the culprits were who have been eating my flowers....nope, it wasn't the deer, it wasn't the bunnies, nor was it the bear!  The most beautiful, furry and long haired caterpillers I've ever seen are having a feast fest of my flower cart plantings.  Creamsicle orange and vanilla striped caterpillers with long, long hairs have invaded the cart.  As I watered the plants and saw them all under the leaves and flowers, I thought how beautiful they were and how magnificent they will be as butterflies.

Here's Your Healthy Tip of the Day:  An old woman once told me 'everyone has to have something to eat'.  I have never forgotten her words.  And so, as I planted enough vegetables for myself and my animal friends this year, I never thought of the butterflies and caterpillers.   So, for the sake of their beauty they will share with me next year, and because everyone has to have something to eat - I wished them well and let them have their beasty feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment