Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fresh Is Best

After a two week holiday in the South of France, where the food is fresh picked in the morning and on your plate for lunch, I arrived back to New York with a feeling of despair.  Whole Foods after the farm???  Freshly picked makes Whole Foods look like the Jolly Green Giant in a can.  I had the opportunity to get up to my little vegetable garden and much to my surprise I harvested over a dozen zucchini, fresh green beans, tomatoes and peppers!  What a nice surprise to come home to. 

Here's Your Healthy Tip of the Day:  My lunch today consists of freshly grilled zucchini and peppers from my garden....what's on your plate for lunch?  If you don't have a garden, visit your local farmer's market for truly fresh fruits and vegetables.  Fresh is best, so get on the real party wagon today!

No comments:

Post a Comment