Thursday, January 17, 2013

Breakthroughs Can Happen When You Believe In Yourself

I've worn out my patellar cartlidge in my left knee and the right one is complaining it's quitting soon - bummer to say the least.  So, while I wait for some 'goop' to be injected into my knees to buy me a few more years of jumping and kicking fun, I'm back to yoga and sometimes some good old boxing.  This is a self reinvention; the warrior is becoming a yogi again.   I've bought myself proper yoga clothing so I don't stick out in the class like Godzilla in my Muay Thai shorts.  I've been wearing a specially fit hinged brace for my left knee which enables me to walk, do yoga and box - basic activities we all take for granted that have been impossible or just plain painful.  Hence, the reservations of taking a chance to do different yoga poses (although I taught yoga to martial artists for years)....ah, fear and what torments it will play with your mind.  Today, I went into class and decided that my 'magic brace' was going to hold me steady as my physical therapist swears.  I had a mental and physical breakthrough.  For the first time in a few months, I jumped back into my chattaronga pushups, bent my left knee without pain and truly enjoyed the class....my mantra and devotion to today's practice was 'I CAN'...not the "I can't" I've allowed fear to shout to me previously.  I forgot how much yoga could be fun and challenging.  Breakthroughs and transformations...I think I'll explore this thought a bit more and get back to you on it....to be continued....

Heres Your Healthy Tip of the Day:  Believe in Yourself...breakthroughs CAN happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment