Monday, December 17, 2012

Yo, Yo, Yoga

Here's Your Healthy Tip of the Day:  my patients ask me my thoughts on yoga; some of them are quite inflexible or nonathletic.  Here's my opinion:  find a yoga studio or gym that has a good reputation for its teachers and take classes on a regular basis.  You might not be able to bend over and touch your knees the first class you attend, but if you stick with it, after a month you'll be surprised when you can not only touch your toes, but palm the floor.  I have a patient who was a professional athlete; he's now in his early 80s and has been doing yoga for the past 20 years.  He is strong, flexible and at 6'6", he can palm the floor and then some!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome article! It's really informative. I'm rather impressed to read this nice content. Love this meaningful post. Thanks for this excellent allocation.BY-Health Tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm glad you've enjoyed the read; please feel free to pass it on to a friend. Namaste!

    ReplyDelete