Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Share Your Joy With Others

A few days ago, I took a Knife Skills One class at the Institute for Culinary Education here in Manhattan.  Three hours of learning how to hold, use and chop, slice and dice.  There were only 5 of us in the class and you could hear a feather drop for the silence and concentration in the room.  I emerged from the class with new-found skills, all 10 fingers still attached to my hands and just blissful - I've always wanted to take a class such as this one.  I have been telling many of my patients about the experience and viola!  So many of them have taken the exact same class or have participated in many of the school's various courses.  We've laughed and shared our common passions and the joy of exiting the everyday world for three hours of bliss and 'opening the box' of our minds.

Here's Your Healthy Tip of the Day:  If you've done something 'out of your box' and it gave you joy, share it with others.  You'll be surprised how much common ground you have with complete strangers who might share the same passions and joys.  Spread the joy today with others...everyone will smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment