Monday, June 11, 2012

Motorcycle Safety School for Your Good Health

This past weekend, I attended the advanced class of Motorcycle Safety School (MSS).  They are held for drivers who have had their own motorcycles and want to enhance their riding skills.  I've only had my 883 Sportster Low for a few months and this was the 6th time I'd been on the bike.  It rained all day long, so this was my intro to maneouving the bike and riding it in the rain...no more fear here about riding on a wet road!

Here's Your Healthy Tip of the Day:  Maintain good health and keep all your bones and limbs intact.  If you are thinking of riding a motorcycle or have had one for a while, sign up for MSS today and learn to ride properly or enhance your riding skills.  This can make you a better rider and in the long, might prevent serious injury.  Hey...even Henry the Bear went to school this past weekend with me!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the healthy tips. I do love riding a motorcycle but sometimes the fun and excitement of riding a bike can make us forgot about the healthy things that we should do. Every rider should read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “It rained all day long, so this was my intro to maneuvering the bike and riding it in the rain...no more fear here about riding on a wet road!” ---- This is what the motor safety courses are all about: teaching you how to deal with situations like that. Great job, Kelly! I hope that after taking the course, you’ll have a safe and fun riding experience! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you, Kelley? You’re such a busy woman, I know. That’s why I want to ask if you’ve been able to ride a motorcycle lately? Now that you know something about motorcycle safety, it’s a great activity that you might want to include in your leisure time. It’s a fun and relaxing way to spend the day with yourself or with your loved ones. You feel the wind rushing across your face, and it’s really a great feeling! You’ll definitely have a whole lot of fun riding a motorcycle! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Henry the Bear really looks cute with his orange helmet. Anyway, how’s your motorcycle instructor? Was he good? I will never forget the time I took my driving course. It’s really fun and I got along with my instructor immediately on the day we met. I learned a lot from him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be great if all motorcycle riders will do what Henry the Bear is doing -- wearing a helmet! A lot of people disregard the importance of the helmet. It’s not good that you’ll just consider wearing a helmet after you got into an accident. It’s essential that beforehand, you do your best for your safety.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you don't like wearing a helmet, do what I've done! Glue on over 600 Swarovski crystals onto your helmet. You'll definitely get noticed, you'll blind whoever's trying to ride your butt, and you'll look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete